Friday, March 13, 2015

Friday's With Tom--How I Got Through A Night Of Paranoia At Work

Hey guys, Tom here and welcome to my blog.

So something happened Monday while my mom was out of town. It was a typical Monday morning, I had my breakfast and watched a little of “The Price is Right” while I ate. Then after breakfast I walked our dog and took in the fresh air and the beautiful weather we were having (its freaking 60 degrees here!). However after it hit around 2 in the afternoon I started to have some anxiety and paranoia about work, which I had in a few hours. My paranoia consisted mostly of that the government would be sending agents to keep watch over me because of my political beliefs.

I started texting my mom about my anxiety and paranoia and we talked, trying to lower it. During the conversation my mom suggested that I fill out a note card for my (“schizophrenic thought”) buckets and I had written, “I am having paranoia about government agents watching me while I work.” And for the challenge I had written, “They have better things to do than keep watch of a 20 year old who works at a discount store.”

It didn't help me at the time so my mother sent a video to me saying how I'm going to get through the paranoia and anxiety and that I am stronger than my paranoia and anxiety. My girlfriend (who I also told I was having some anxiety and paranoid thoughts) texted to me that I will be alright and to take deep breaths. I had done so and by this time I had to leave for work.

As I walked I kept taking breaths and telling myself that I will overcome my anxiety/paranoia. I arrived at work, still filled with anxiety and paranoia. I worked for about an hour and 30 minutes until I couldn't take the anxiety and paranoia any longer (I was still a 7 out of 10 with 10 being the most paranoid). I called my dad (who was off work for the day) and he came and picked me up. By this time my paranoia/anxiety had fallen to a 3 which is about where I normally stand when I'm at work or am going to work.

And that's where the story ends. I am currently slightly calmer now that my mom has come back from her trip. I attribute the anxiety/paranoia with my mom being out of town and that I worked two nights in a row. Usually I work one night, have the next day off and then have the day after that to work so I'm usually refreshed and less paranoid than I was the preceding day before it.
Today I hung out with friends and went to feed the ducks to help lower the anxiety and paranoia about having to go to work this afternoon.

Well that's it for today's post, I have to get going to work and get ready for an airsoft trip with friends. As always, stay beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Most Popular Posts...

Follow my posts by Email:

Follow Me On Twitter