Tuesday, April 30, 2013

History (Part III)

I came home from my vacation with my sister and parents to find Thomas in a terrible mood. He was stand-offish and rude and complained about his dad not being very nice and he stormed downstairs. I couldn't figure out what the big deal was. After questioning my husband and discovering there had been an exchange about Thomas getting off of the computer that had made Thomas mad, I decided it was fine to go and grab dinner for everyone.

My sister and I got in the car and headed to Taco Bell and I couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong. Before I left, Thomas had been on Facebook and had hurridly shut it down when I questioned him if everything was ok so while I was driving, I asked my sister to pull up his Facebook on her phone. When she tried, there was nothing. No page. Just a black screen. She pulled up other friends but couldn't get Thomas's. I started to panic but we were in the drive-thru of Taco Bell so I couldn't do anything but wait. She tried repeatedly to pull it up and continued to get nothing. We sped home to my house to drop off tacos for my husband and Thomas and I called into the house to have someone come out and pick up the tacos so I could then take my sister back to my parents along with their tacos.

We rolled down the window as my husband came out and the look on his face scared me to death. He leaned into the car and he said,

"The police were just here."

"What? Why?" I questioned starting to feel the escalating panic.

"Thomas threatened on Facebook to kill himself and somebody called the police," he said.

"Wait, what? Is he ok? What's going on? Where is he?" I yelled.

"He's in the house. The cops came in and talked to him and he told them that he's ok and they left."

"They LEFT???? They left a suicidal kid?" I cried.

"Yes, they said since Thomas promised he wasn't going to do anything that they would turn him over to us."

I wanted to vomit. My brain went into overdrive and all I could think was that I needed to get a hold of Thomas's therapist. So, since my husband was with Thomas and I had to get my sister home, I told him I'd be right back and I drove my sister back to my parents.

I barely had the car in park when I started calling Thomas's therapist. I finally got him on the phone and he was very calm and told me that if Thomas said he was fine then we didn't need to worry. He tried to calm me and all I could think was what a quack this guy was!!!



I basically read the guy the riot act and he agreed to call Thomas and talk to him. While I waited for the call back I had made up my mind that no matter what anybody said I was going to take Thomas to the hospital.

When he called back, he said that he now felt it was best for Thomas to go to the hospital and I screamed at him "Hell yes it's time!" and he tried to calm me but I didn't have any more time to discuss anything with anyone and I got in the car and went home.

When I got there I found Thomas sitting quietly in the living room, all signs of the earlier agitation gone, and I sat next to him and talked to him about why he was suicidal and I told him that I felt it was best that he go to the hospital and quietly and with tears welling in his eyes, he agreed.

We packed a few things and I hugged him over and over and told him how much I loved him and we got in the car and headed to the E.R.

(My Facebook Page About Schizophrenia)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Most Popular Posts...

Follow my posts by Email:

Follow Me On Twitter